Those who work within church and nonprofit organization leadership face unique management challenges due to their distinctive functions in the community. Each new concern that arises requires a complete assessment of the situation, and all options including legal should be weighed.
We can work with your church or nonprofit organization to address the following issues:
- Dealing with disruptive people
- Understanding where confidentiality stops and the duty to report child abuse begins
- The importance of screening volunteers
- Preventing Internet abuse on your church or organizations computers
- Dealing with a problem employee
- Preventing sexual misconduct by clergy, employees and volunteers
- What to do if you get sued?
- Understanding the limits on your church's involvement in politics
- Clergy employment and compensation issues
- Real estate disputes: zoning, property tax exemption, ownership disputes
- Revising your bylaws to protect your ministry
- Endowment issues